Ok so this isn't a yoga related post but it is a wellness related one! After my little guy was born, I was on the hunt for less chemical laden beauty products. Although I am a minimalist when it comes to makeup, I love moisturizers, cleansers, exfoliants (although I don't use them as much as I should) and lip gloss! So when I came across Beautycounter and learned of their commitment to a health and safety standard that goes beyond what is legally required in Canada and the US. They exclude over 1500 questionable and harmful chemicals from their products (The Never List).
Based on the products I have used so far, these are my top 5 recommendations:
1) Cleansing Balm - If you are looking for an all-in-one cleanser, moisturizer and make-up remover, this is it! I'm usually a foamy cleanser type of gal but this is one exception to my rule. Bonus: It comes with a cotton muslin cleansing cloth!
2) Charcoal Cleansing Bar - I will be the first to admit that I was unsure about using charcoal on my face (I mean, it's used to BBQ!)...but I'll admit that my skin has felt "cleaner" and my sun spots aren't as noticeable!
3) Dew Skin Moisturizer - I am not huge fan of foundation. It could be that I'm not using the correct brand but regardless, I have found my solution. This moisturizer is tinted and gives your skin a "dewy" glow (hence the name!) - and it is really quick to put on. A must for someone with kids!!
4) No. 3 Balancing Facial Oil - I know...facial oil? I thought the same thing. But...this has been a godsend in this dry, cold weather. I put 2 drops on under a moisturizer both in the morning and before bed.
5) Lip Conditioner (in Calendula) - I get chapped lips almost year round but obviously more frequently in the winter when the weather is cold and dry. I'm pretty sure I've used this 542094 times so far (and it's not even technically winter yet!). Also comes in Peppermint!
So there you have it, my top 5 Beautycounter products. Since it was hard to narrow it down to 5 products, I'm going to note the following honourable mentions:
Any questions you may have, feel free to ask away!!!